Dienstag, 4. September 2007

Spitzkoppe


I had a great weekend at Spitzkoppe. It is a wonderful landscape with amazing rock formations and the mountain just arises unexpectedly out of the plain. The trees and bushes start flowering, it looks so nice. My friends went on a difficult all-day 13 pitches route climbing while I scrambled nearly up to the top on my own. I stopped often to see some plants close, watch a red and black striped lizzard, a small snake or Klippspringer with envy. It was quite a tough route, especially on the way down, and I got a lot of scratches from the thornbushes. In the evening I sat for a sundowner with my friends and we barbequed. It was a very mild night with a bright starry sky - until the moon rose. Next day we did some of the easier climbing routes together before we drove back to the city.