Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008

Game Park


Hi,
I wish you all a happy new year! I celebrated it with friends barbequeing in the garden. To fill the time we tried funny games such as balancing on a rope or jumping over a stick you hold with both hands. So, quite a sportive change of years! New Year we went "hangover-climbing" which was a successful start for me.
Now the citizens of Windhoek slowly return from their holidays and the peaceful and quiet time is over.
I have been in the Daan Viljoen Game Park today, starting early at 7am. It was worth it. I saw Giraffe at breakfast, Springbok, Zebra, Kudu, wildebeast, Red Hartebeast and lots of birds. It is unbelievable how hard it is to spot even the big Kudu as the colour is the same as the ground and the rocks. Although I have done this walk before it was still interesting. I also saw horns of Oryx, Kudu, Red Hartebeast and Springbok lying in the sand. Luckily we had a good rain yesterday and it was still cloudy, so it did not get too hot. Afterwards I enjoyed a nice ostrich steak in the park restaurant.