Mittwoch, 8. August 2007

Chameleon, Crazy Kudu and Wild Dog

Hello all,
now it is getting exciting: I have booked my first safari. I will go on 19.8. with a company called Crazy Kudu to Okavango Delta in Botswana, Caprivi Strip in Namibia and Victoria Falls in Zambia for a 10 day camping safari. It was not easy to get this, originally I wanted to go with Chameleon on a similar tour, but they were fully booked till the end of September when I am supposed to work already. It includes a boat tour in a traditional dugout canoe, a game drive to see rare antelopes, a visit to a local village with demonstrations of traditional medicine and superstition and good chance to see elephants, crocodiles and hippos in their natural habitat. I am really looking forward to this, can't wait! Yesterday I got my last vaccination (meningitis) and malaria prophylaxis is already sorted as well.
Meanwhile a friend from the climbing group called me and asked if I would like to join them for a long weekend in the Erongo mountains (300km northwest from Windhoek) for camping, climbing and walkabouts. Of course I want to! First I hesitated a bit with my exam on Tuesday in view. But never mind, I can take the books with me. I feel quite well prepared already and do not want to miss this adventure. I will let you know how it was next week.

Cheers,
Heidrun